Saturday, October 23, 2010

Marathon Chess sessions...

Nowadays whenever I meet the kids,
It is usually MARATHON chess games with the son.
The daughter is also keen to play SESS (thats how she pronounces Chess)
with me... But I tell her she has to grow up a bit.
Then sometimes we put the board and the pieces and just move some
pieces here and there and She will shout ATTACK and CAPTURE and e4.
That much is chess for her.
With the son it is entirely another story.
He is 'educated' in chess.
Goes to Sunday Chess Class.
So I lose most of the time.
He is evolving into a Quality player.
Sometimes I win..
Today I won three games against him, using the same approach.
The attack on the weakest square f2 of White and f7 of Black.
Whenever he makes a blunder, he will let out a scream of agony.
But it is fun...
I am already looking forward to the next session with him.

1 comment:

  1. I have been a student with MT, a part of the 1996 batch..n u taught us Bio..n still remember the lectures, extremely hilarious yet informative..do you still teach sir?
    Vishal Amberkar (J J Academy 1996 batch)

    ReplyDelete