Saturday, July 31, 2010

21 years now...

I remember starting my first teaching assignments...
like it was yesterday....
It was 1989.
The same year, one young kid called SACHIN TENDULKAR
made his debut in International Cricket.
and another person AAMIR KHANs first Movie
Qyamat se Qyamat Tak was released.
I had just finished with my 12th grade exams...
Fresh out of Junior College...
Awaiting my 12th grade results...
Started with Social Studies...
In one DORAI CLASSES....
In Mulund East.

The same year, I used to see Advertisement boards
of one Mahesh Tutorials ... 2nd batch full,
and 3rd batch full and so on...
I was to work with them much later for a full
13 years.

My stint with Dorai Classes continued for about 4 years.
I had finished my College degree and was into PG
It was 1993, I joined MTs...
It was a big platform...
And in the coming 7 years it grew to a much bigger platform.
I made a name for myself.
Those days, I worked all seven days of the week.
Made some money.
Did not save any.
But now it is more than 20 years now...
In these years, Sachin Tendulkar went on to become a legend.
Aamir Khan has become #1 in Bollywood.
I will be quitting Academic teaching soon.
Is becoming uneconomical.

1 comment:

  1. Does Dorai Classes still exist, just wanted to know as I did my tenth coaching there, long time back in 1987.

    ReplyDelete