Saturday, September 18, 2010

At the Chess Tournament...

Yesterday and Today, the son is participating in a inter-school Chess Tournament.
I am happy that it is possible for me to be with him at the Tournament.
Yesterday there were four rounds. He lost the first round, but came back strongly to win the next three. This gave him 3 points.
Day two has started the same way...
He has lost the first day...
and as I am writing this blog... he has gone into round 6.
He is playing black. Opponent is one HARISH KRISHNAN.
The nice things is, the son is learning a lot about the game, about himself and also
about life itself.
The bonding that is taking place between him and me is fantastic.
Today morning, in the time gap between round 5 and round 6, we got some
pleasant moments.
He was asking me some good MORAL questions.
"What would do if you had to make a choice between THIS and THAT?"
THIS and THAT varied to a great extent from eating an ice cream and sacrificing
it for the family or the whole world.
I had a wonderful time telling him about the choices that I would make and why I would do it.
I am enjoying these moments of bonding.
It would be great to be full time parents and grow up with the kids.
Waiting for Re to grow up. A couple of years more and it would be fun.
If both me and the wife would be at these tournaments... it would greater fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment